Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

04 August 2009

It's August! And you know what that means...

Yes, besides the lack of recognized holidays. It means that Halloween stuff should be cropping up soon. *happy dance* I noticed last year at Sam's that they started putting up Halloween stuff about mid-August. I'm so excited! (And ragweed season unofficially kicks off on the 15th, but that's a subject for another day.)

I have a costume in mind, but I seriously doubt I'll have it done in time for this year, so I might have to wait another year or so. I want to do a female Red Death, a lá The Phantom of the Opera. I originally wanted to incorporate both the original book by Leroux and 2004 movie versions, but I'm considering just going full Leroux. I originally wanted to have a red dress, some kind of hairstyle, the half-skull mask from the 2004 movie, and the cape from the book ("Don't touch me! I'm Red Death stalking abroad!). But I'm considering a big hat instead of a hairstyle (since Erik didn't have a lot of hair), maybe some make up or skull-like mask, and gloves with a bone design on them.

There's a blouse and skirt that I have my eyes on (the burgundy one; I'm going for a Victorian era look), but I'm not totally sold. I also think I'd have to wait until closer to Halloween to thoroughly check and see if all I want is available, which is why I'd have to wait until next year to do this costume. In the meantime, I guess I'd better try and find an alternative, hopefully something other than my Renfaire garb (and Pirate Fest costume); I think I've overdone it a bit in the past couple years.

No comments: