Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

26 December 2008

And God bless us all, everyone!

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a pretty good Christmas holiday. A few of the daycare parents gave me some fun stuff: various candies, a Borders card, a cute ornament, a bath set, a Panera card, and a Starbucks card (they have hot chocolate and cookies, right?).

My favorite gift this year was from my wonderful husband. He gave me a "Phantom of the Opera" music box (actually more of a big figurine, but it still plays music) that plays "Music of the Night". He told me, "Now, when I saw this, I immediately thought, 'This is you'. Now, if you don't like it, I'll be surprised, and it'll be like I really don't know you as well as I think I do." When I opened it, I told him. "You do know me!" ^_^ All he wanted from me were some cookies and fudge made with stevia, not sugar. I also got a sleep mask from him, and we both got some money from my in-laws, some survival stuff from a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law, and a coupon for a full-body massage from my mother-in-law. She has a friend that's a massage therapist. Yay!

We also went to have dinner and visit with my family, plus my sister's in-laws and family. My mom got my husband a couple movies, some shaving stuff, a pair of warm pajama pants, and some cashews. Laura got me the Sweeney Todd movie soundtrack, and I got her a Lacuna Coil CD, gave my nieces the Miley Cyrus CD, and their family Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird! Lar and I watched it later that night. We had forgotten so much!

I got my mom the Il Divo Christmas CD, dad the 1997 Broadway cast recording of 1776 (with Brent Spiner as John Adams), and Whiteshark a Nightwish CD. My mom gave me some a pair of pajamas and some comfy socks, some Cadbury chocolate, a few CDs (The Promise from Il Divo, the Twilight soundtrack, and others), The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling, and some DVDs (Mamma Mia! and Prince Caspian, plus a few others).

All in all, I got a lot of good stuff and I hope the gifts I gave are as appreciated as the ones I received.

No comments: