Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

08 July 2006

Thursday and Friday were really good days this week! Thursday was a girls night with Jess, Von, Kristen, and Lar. Lar got me from our parents' house and we got to Jess's about the time Alicia and Rhema got there. I hadn't seen Alicia since Lar graduated high school and had visited with Rhema earlier this year. Moueska was there, but had to leave for another outing, and Rhema had some dental work earlier that day, so she and Alicia left before the rest of us did.

We ended up going to a pub & grill called McGurk's, and sat outside, which was really nice. There was a very pretty fountain behind our table with what looked like koi. We sat around for more than two hours talking and having a drink. We got there after the kitchen closed, so we stopped on the way home for chickenburgers, went back to Jess's, then Lar took me home.

My mom had called Thursday to see if we wanted to go see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest the next evening, and I was surprised that Mira actually wanted to go! So he picked me up from work, we stopped at Taco Bell for something quick to eat since we needed to be at the theatre before seven, and off we went! Mom met us inside to give us our tickets and to lead us to our seats. (Review later) I had to rub Mira's back a few times, but he sat through the movie and even decided to go out afterwards!

We splurged on Ted Drewes; he got one raspberry and one mint, and I got chocolate Oreo. He requested a lemon flavor, since it wasn't listed, and sure enough, they said they had it! So he had the lemon and mint which actually taste good together, and I had the chocolate Oreo and the raspberry, which also makes a good combo. We stopped for gas afterwards and went home.

He had some energy from all the sugar, so we set some hamburger patties out to thaw and went on a long walk. When we got back, we made our burgers and watched the season premier of Psych that he taped earlier that evening. It was a great show! I'll definitely want to watch more of it.

Now on to my POTC:DMC review. Let me start out by saying that it was a pretty good movie, which means I didn't feel like walking out and never coming back. It had its moments, but most of the jokes were built off of the jokes in the first movie, and it seemed too silly. The CGI was pretty good and the action sequences were well done, especially with the appearance with the Kraken. Some parts were predictable, but there were other scenes where what I thought would happen didn't even come to fruitition. I didn't expect it to end the way it did. By the way, stay through to the end of the credits for an extra scene. So I liked it, but it's not the best movie I've ever seen. I'm waiting for the third installment next year, so we can get all those loose ends tied up.

No comments: