Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

17 March 2006

Shopping Fun!

We had fun yesterday. Mira picked me up from work and we went to the mall to see if we could find any water distillers. We didn't, but we did end up splurging on some neat stuff.

We went to Sears first and found an ice-cream/frozen yogurt/sorbet maker, which Mira has been looking for for a long time now. We used it tonight and made a delicious sorbet from white grape juice. Unfortunately, he added way too much stevia and xylitol (alternative sweeteners), and it was way too sweet for me. Isn't that weird? I thought something was too sweet after one bite? I must be getting soft. ^_^

We also headed over to Borders so I could use the gift card one of my daycare families gave me for Christmas, and I got KT Tunstall's CD Eye to the Telescope. I saw the video for Black Horse and the Cherry Tree last month, and really liked it. I was able to listen to the CD before I bought it, which was nice. Mira also found some banana hand cream from Burt's Bees, which I got for him. I think it stinks, since I hate bananas with a passion, but once it's on for a while, the scent's very faint so it doesn't bug me.

Then we went to Bath & Body Works so I could find some hand lotions that didn't bug Mira, since he has a pretty sensitive nose. We got two hand lotions, Mango Mandarin and Black Raspberry Vanilla, and Lemon body cream. They all smell so heavenly! We also got some Lemon Verbena essential oil and a burner, and some Mentha lip balm. We used the oil last night and ended up making the whole basement smell like lemon. Next time we'll be sure to only burn it for a few minutes. ^_^

Finally, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought some more groceries for ourselves, and ended up buying some frozen shrimp and some scallops. When we got home, we thawed some of the shrimp and dipped it in warm spaghetti sauce. It was so good! We decided to cook up some rotini pasta and add some shrimp to the sauce. Well, it was good, but not as good as the shrimp with just the sauce.

I'm going over to my folks' tomorrow to hang out, which will be fun. I haven't been there in a couple weeks, so it'll be good to see them again. Have a great weekend all!

No comments: