Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

04 November 2005

Rawr, baby!

I had a blast last night! I went with my mom, Lar, Rosie, Von's mom, Lar's MIL and two SIL's to see Celtic Tiger. What a show! We went to dinner at a Mexican place near Lar's house called Chimichanga's, which was really good. All but Lar and her MIL and one SIL got to the show about ten minutes late because they went the wrong way, but the rest of us sat down just as the show began.

I was very impressed. It was pretty loud and there were a few flashy moments (strobe lights, etc.), but it was thoroughly enjoyed. During intermission, I went with Lar's married SIL to buy the soundtrack, and when we got back, everybody was moving eight rows down because nobody was there during the first part of the show, so we got a better view of the stage.

My favorite number was "Capone", the one where the ensemble is dressed in pin-stripped suits. And the guys in the audience were drooling during the "Fredom" number, because the woman did a striptease and went from an Irish-styled flight uniform to an American flag-print bikini. And there was one number where the Redcoats were burning down a cottage and some of the cast members dressed as Irish peasants were running out, coughing, falling, etc. While this was going on, the screen on stage that was used as a background had some ghostly faces rising from the smoky flames behind the home. I had chills the whole time and almost cried when they showed the face of a crying baby rising from the flames.

I listened to the soundtrack with Mira when I got home. The soundtrack lacks the costume change numbers and omits the "Yankee Doodle Dandy" number, but it's still good. All in all, I had a fun time and I loved what I saw. If I see it on DVD, I may get it. Or just borrow it from my mom when she gets it, because I know she will.

1 comment:

Von said...

Glad that you all had fun.