Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

20 November 2005

New Arrival

Well, Lar delivered a beautiful, healthy baby girl this morning (2:11 am, 8 lb 6 oz). I was at the hospital with her and the grandparents, plus JR’s friends Drac and Chuck. We're all so happy for her.

Here's my sister, with her second baby, the second grandchild, the second girl, and she's just beautiful. Her husband's there, holding his new daughter in his arms. “Hello, baby girl” he coos. He probably even told her, “I’m your daddy” when he first held her. Lar looks tired; I guess she would be after about twelve hours of labor. But at the same time, she marvels at the little person she’s housed for nine long months, the one she and JR created together. Bef is quiet, but lets out a fuss to let us know she’s there, even though she’s the center of attention. She looks like our side of the family; I imagine her hair is dark like her mommy’s.

Everyone gets a chance to hold the new arrival. The grandparents get first dibs. Even Drac and Chuck get a chance. Drac is nervous, but Chuck holds her like a pro; having two kids of his own, he’s had the practice. Then it’s my turn. Being about the same size as her mommy gives me an advantage; she fits into my arms almost perfectly. She gives a slight cry, and she’s handed off to JR so she can snuggle right next to her mother. We decide to leave the little family by themselves. Sandy will bring Book by later that day to meet her new baby sister. I wonder if she, like her aunt with her mother, will look at her new sister and exclaim, “Baby!”

No comments: