Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

31 May 2005

Ren Faire, baby!
I went to the RF on Saturday and had a blast! I thought it was just going to be a bunch of us girls with my mom, but my dad and brothers ended up going, so it was my whole family, JR, Book, Jess, and Von. It was $9 for students, and since we all had coupons, Jess and I each paid $7. And they didn't even ask for our ID's. ^_^
Lar, Book, Von, Jess, and I separated from my family and we ended up going our own way. We saw a cute Punch and Judy show while resting our tired feet, had some lunch, saw some jousting, and had a grand time looking at the clothes and jewelry.

I even bought a dress that I just had to get! This is my biggest splurge for a while. ^_^ Posted by Hello I wore it around the rest of the day, carrying my pants in a bag they gave me, and forgetting to bring it with me on a few occasions. I contemplated getting a hair stick, but ended up not buying it. Jess and I stopped at an essential oil and incense stand and smelled all sorts of pretty scents for a few minutes. I have always thought that honeysuckle and lilac would make a good perfume, and it does. Von said she'd have to start saving money now for next year. That doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I called Mira and asked him if he wanted me to get him anything, but he wasn't too interested. But just about everybody bought something. Jess bought a pretty silver rose ring, Book got a cute fairy skirt, and Von bought a hair wreath that looked cute on her and one sexy stiletto dagger. My dad bought a whip and a dagger, Whiteshark got the same dagger (if you've seen Spider Man 2, then Harry Osborn has the same one near the end of the movie), Polar Bear got a sword, and mom bought a maroon dress that looked great on her. Jess took a picture of me and my mom in our dresses.
So now I have a costume if I need one, and something to wear to next year's Faire. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Athene said...

Just curious, I wonder how the circlets looked like. As it is, hold on to thatdress, you may need it when our wedding happens (which is admittedly about a year- three years off depending on a number of things).

Von said...

That's the exact same kind of dagger that I got! Right down to the details. But, I only paid $10 for mine. Wheee!