Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

13 April 2005

I start Monday!

Mira took me to the day care center/pre-school, "Lene" (the gal I work with at church) got me an application to fill out, and took us on a tour of where I'll be working. I got to meet a few of the gals there, and Lene filled me in on some of what I'll be doing, gave me some advice, and told us a bit about the facility. I'll be working with the six week to eight month olds. They're so cute! I can't wait to start working. ^_^
It's a really cool place. And it's only eight minutes from where I live (according to MapQuest)! That means that I can get some practice driving while I'm at it. I'll only be working 10 hours a week, but at least it's something in terms of an income, and it's something I love! She said I might have to come in an hour early for the first few days to get acquainted with everything, and I'll be alone from 5-6, but I can always have somebody else come in and help me if I need it.
This weekend is my last weekend as an unemployed woman! It'll be nice to have some extra money now, and it won't interfere if I decide to take classes in the fall. I had an interest in Early Childhood Education at one point, so this would really help me decide if this is something I want to persue. Yeehoo! (Thanks to Bookie for that phrase ^_^)

No comments: