Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

17 November 2004

Sin in a Large Glass and a big Surprise!

JR called last Thursday and said that he was planning a surprise birthday party for Lar on Tuesday. So after school yesterday, I went to my mom's and Lar and the crew came over to do laundry. I told her that I had things to do this week so I'd be making my weekly visit that day. "In that case, you can come with me and mom for a girl's night out." So when mom got home, we gathered and went to Target to get some presents for Brooke, who fell asleep half way through the trip.
Finished with some shopping, we headed out to Steak N Shake for dinner. Lar invented "Sin in a Large Glass", which was a side-by-side shake with regular chocolate, white chocolate (one of the Christmas time flavors), and a shot of hot fudge. Man, that was great! We were finished by 7:30, which was when we were supposed to have Lar back at her place. But she needed to switch some laundry loads, so we went back to mom's and did that. While she was busy, JR called and asked us what was going on. I told him I wasn't sure when we were leaving, so he said he was on his way to get us. He offered to "take me home" when he got there, and as we were getting ready to pull out of the driveway, he told Lar that we needed to get back to their place real quick so he could get his license, which he "forgot". "I'm not about to go to T's place without it." So when we got there, he asked if she could help him find it. I stayed and waited until they walked in the door and everyone yelled "Surprise!", then got Brooke out and joined the festivities.
There was cake and ice cream, but I was too full from dinner to eat anything all night. Well, except for a fun size Snicker bar I thought I had room for (just barely). Somebody had procured a Sponge Bob piñata, so everyone took turns whacking the crap (well, candy) out of him. I was holding Brooke at one point, and she pointed to the piñata and said, "Owie." But she did think it was funny watching her mommy whacking at Sponge Bob for all it's worth. ^_^
We had a pretty good crowd. Moueska and Drac, Kristen, Von and Drew, and a couple that I know I've seen before, but I'm so bad with names that I don't remember who they are, and of course Lar and JR's housemate Carl. Not sure why Jess didn't come. I had talked to her earlier that day, but didn't think to ask her if she was going; I just assumed she was. She was at Mike's, so I guess they went out. That's always fun.
Lar was pretty surprised. She knew it was coming, she just wasn't sure when. She's talking about getting a group together to go out to Wild Country on her birthday. That'll be cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun all around. I would like some Sin in a Large Glass!

Anonymous said...

*rolls eyes* I forgot to put my name down again on the anonymous post. ~Breka

Jess said...

Mike and I went out to dinner at Bread Co., got a bunch of chocolate stuffage from them to take home, and then watched movies the rest of the night, and stuff. ;D It was quite fun.