Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

11 November 2004

On "Cloud" Nine

I'm so happy! Today in my voice class, our teacher had a bunch of sheet music books, and she wanted us to look through them and see if there were any songs in them that we'd be interested in performing at the end of the semester for our final. So I went through four or five books, looking for songs that would be easy for me to sing. I didn't know any Beatles songs, I didn't know any of the jazzy songs, some of the musical songs were too high, and the Disney songs that I wanted to sing would be too high. Drat! I thought all hope was lost. That it, until I saw somebody put a book in the middle of the room with the title Les Miserables! Could be promising!
My three favorites were "Castle on a Cloud", "I Dreamed a Dream", and "On My Own", respectively. They weren't too low or too high, but just right. I wanted "Castle" because it was short, was a bit hesitant about "Dream" because there's so much to it, and I'd always wanted to sing "Own" because hey, now that I have classes under my belt, I might be able to do well, but it's so long! (That's quite a run-on sentence...) She played through the first part of "Castle" and heard me sing to it, and said that it would be perfect for me. Woohoo!
So I now have a song for my final. I'm so happy! I guess I'd better get over to Nottleman's or Sam Goody to get the music. Or maybe the songbook is at the library, and I could make a copy of it. I'd better get crackin' on it so I can practice... Man, if I could do a cartwheel, I'd do a bunch of 'em! But hey, it's the net, and I can do anything I want, right? Stand back!
*cartwheel! cartwheel! cartwheel! cartwheel! cartwheel!* Yeah! ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, T! Good luck with singing it! ;) ~Breka