Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

21 September 2004

Boo! Halloween Season already?

A couple weeks ago, I was listening to the radio and a haunted house commercial came on. A day or so before that, the Johhnie Brock's and Spirit store billboards were up. And Pepsi released it's Mountain Dew Pitch Black on 21 August. Guess it's time to start thinking about autumn leaves, jack-o-lanterns, costumes, and parties. Sure, it's not for another 40 days, but it never hurts to plan ahead.
So, what to do for Halloween? Last year, I found a sorceress-looking dress, put on a necklace I had with a Celtic design, and was a... something. But it looked pretty good. Mira was a very sexy mafioso, if I do say so myself. ^_^ (Not that I'm partial because he's my husband or anything...) My neice Book is going to be a biker baby, according to Lar. Now that's gonna be cute.
Well, I'm sure I'll find something eventually. Happy haunting, um hunting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding a costume! A bunch of friends and I are planning on going Rocky Horror. If I can get my hands on the official Magenta costume, that's what I'm going to be. And yes, I shall dye my hair! Joe is gonna be Frankenfurter, and Heather and Seth are dressing up as Columbia and Eddie. No Riff-Raff yet, sadly.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to put my name down on the Rocky Horror post. Ooops.

~Kati

Athene said...

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to be. I may need to pull out (few) old outfits that survived the travel and the mess of the dual move. There isn't a Johnnie Brock's around here. (Waaaaah!!!!!!!)

Moueska said...

Depending on whether or not the party is costume-oriented, I'll choose then. In the meantime, I have no idea. See, though this little grin/handshake contract that I have with two of the ladies of Affton Centerstage, I can borrow any of their costumes, any time I want. If there's something I need for a theme party- I'm able to go to them and ask for a flapper outfit, or something along those lines. And then, they see if they can't find something that fits. Why? Because when I moved, we went through the costume barrel and picked through- there were just too many for me to keep, especially since Tarrith and Athene didn't seem to show any real interest in keeping them. So I chose what I wanted, then they chose what they wanted, and I kept the rest. However, what I kept is now in storage... at least until I move out on my own.

So... I'll probably be calling in that favor this year.

Athene said...

I never got a good chance to go through the basement remember??