Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

29 August 2004

Recent news: Good, Bad, and In between

Good news! Von (a.k.a. D'arcy) has announced her engagement to her Drew this week over at Mental Babblings! No date has been set as of yet, but I am excited to see life going so well for her. Congrats, sweetie!

Bad news. Former Conductor of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra Hans Vonk passed away today. He was 63. I read it at StLToday.com this evening. Quoting the paper: "Maestro Vonk conducted his last performances with the Symphony on May 3 and 4, 2002, Mahler's Symphony No. 4 in G major". My senior year in high school, I went with the Music Club to see him conduct the SLSO in Beethoven's 5th symphony, along with a few other numbers. My condolences go to his family at this time.

As for in between, school started last week for me, as well as for others. It's not too bad, I guess. Voice is pretty neat, my teacher's nice, so that's ok. Comp II is ok. It focuses on argument; that might be a good asset to life.

More as it develops, I guess. Better get started on those voice exercizes. Mi, me, ma, mo, mu...




No comments: