Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

04 April 2004

We dot feedies!

I know what you're all thinking. "What has she been smoking?" ^_^ Oh, you know, the usual: Nothing!

"So what's that all about", you ask? "Feedies" is what I used to call fish as a little girl. Thursday, after dropping me off at school, M (I'll just call my husband M from now on) went to Wal*Mart and got two fish: one's a small tetra who's kinda clearish-green with a green stripe on his back that we named Hambone (we wanted weird names for our fish) and a small goldfish that we named Kitty. We quickly ran into some problems, as Hammy kept nipping off bits of Kitty's tail, thinking it was a huge flake of fishfood! We transfered Kitty to a glass cookie jar that we converted into a fishbowl, but she wouldn't eat. She died this afternoon, we're sure mainly because she wouldn't eat and (as we found out this afternoon after researching online) that she didn't get enough air (we didn't have another air pump, but we had read somewhere that goldfish occasionally come up for air). We now want to buy some other fish, prefferably a betta to put in the cookie jar, and a couple other tetras that are small and have bright colored top halves that look like they glow. We found this neat store waaaay the heck down Gravois called AquaWorld, and we would recommend it for anybody in St. Louis who wants to buy a fish or two.

So what else is new? Mom has this week off, so I'm going to find out what day the girl Lar babysits is not there, and commandeer my family for a couple days. Oh! And I found out from one of my BIL's (brothers-in-law) that my oldest nephew, who is a year or so older than I am, proposed to his girlfriend and they set a date for 7 August! I'm so excited for them! He had asked her what she wanted her ring to look like, and had one custom made for her. She went with his family to visit family out west, and he proposed to her in the mountains near Bear Lake in Utah (she wanted to be proposed to in the mountains). Apparently, she had no clue as to what was going on. Yay for them!

Well folks, that's it for now. Take care and have a great day!

Website of the Day: www.kurtwenner.com

No comments: