Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

24 April 2004

Run of the house!

I have neglected to mention a piece of good news in my last post. It seems that our Athene is enaged! Congrats, sweetie!

As of Wednesday morning, M and I have the whole house all to ourselves! The in-laws left for Hawaii, so we'll have complete run of the house until 5 May. We haven't burned the house down (yet), but I'm confident the new additions will still be there when his folks return. And since we have use of all three vehicles, I've gotten to drive a bit! My FIL took me out driving last Friday, and M had me do a bit today. I was such a nervous wreck! Why do I get so nervous and wound up?! I don't like it one bit...

We also have a few new fish: two more cichlids (besides Hurricane) and two Rosy Reds. The three cichlids are now in a 29-gallon tank in our bedroom, and the two Reds are in a little one-gallon tank upstairs next to Betta. The other two cichlids are named Bubbles (like the fish in Finding Nemo, he likes bubbles), and Houdini (he likes to hide and pop out unexpectedly). 'Dini is the smallest, but he's practically the ringleader. We haven't named the Reds yet, but we'll probably wait for that (they were only 12¢ at PetsMart).

We saw a couple cute movies this week. Monday night we went to Fuddruckers for dinner because M's birthday was Sunday (he's 24!), and then went and saw Ella Enchanted. It's funny! Then tonight, we went and saw 13 Going on 30, which was also very cute. There were a lot of teenie boppers there to see that movie tonight (like every Friday night at Ronnie's). But we survived. I think that me, M, and some of the adults really understood some of the jokes. AS long as you know who Rick Springfield is, you should do all right. I recommend both movies, as long as you think you can stand a younger age group (think Junior high.)

Guess I'd better head off to bed. We're having a small dinner with my folks tomorrow and then I'm going to a birthday party for Bookie that Jess is throwing. Have a great weekend!

No comments: