Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

22 March 2004

Ridin' On My Hobby Horse

I need a hobby! This is the concensus in (our part of) the house. There are times I don't mind just sitting on my tookus when I'm done with homework and studying, but I quickly run out of things to do on my computer after checking my e-mail, seeing what my friends have blogged about, and seeing whatever else is new on the websites I frequent. So the husb and I did a little "interests inventory" (basically listed a bunch of hobbies and how interested I would be in taking up one or more) and seeing what neat and exciting things I could be doing rather than, well, nothing. The highest up on my list was photography, drawing, and writing. I'm an okay writer, as long as I have something to write about, my art is about as good as a middle school kid, and the best picture I took was of some storm clouds that looked really nifty. But all that might well soon change. If my other half (he needs a nickname, he really does) needs to take any beginning art classes (he doesn't need to talent-wise, but credit-wise is another story), then I've offered to take some with him. Heck, I need some electives! Kill two birds with one stone: try out a potential hobby, and get credit at the same time. I can deal. I still need to take College Comp II, that might help my writing. The photography will probably need the most work, but I think it will be fun. The Quest for a Hobby begins!

We're taking m'honey to the chiro tomorrow for some tests, so I'd better head off to bed. We put some glow-in-the-dark star stickers on our ceiling, and it looks so neat!

No comments: