Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

21 February 2004

Let's Partay!

We surprised Jess with a party on Friday, and we had a blast! It's the best we've had so far. Unfortunately, I was the only one there who didn't have their partner with them. All the girls in the group brought their guys, except me. But that's ok, I'm married. ^_^

Anyway, we all had a good time. My niece just about gave us away. She started making noise about the time that Jess walked in the front door. Thankfully, she didn't notice. There was lotsa food (a sandwich ring, a veggie tray, a cheese tray, cake, and chips and dip, not to mention all the drinkage (to borrow a phrase from Von). I was so stuffed! I got her Blazing Saddleson DVD, Von gave her a bracelet to ward off evil, and Laura got her The Princess Bride on DVD. Moueska (who, it turns out, also likes Homestar Runner) went out with Jess on Thursday night and she got three movies she wanted. Jess' mom had been planning the party for a couple of months, and was proud to announce that she had gotten rid of her other kids for the night. Way to go, mom! We had fun with Bookie, too (my niece). We tied a balloon around her wrist and used it to track her for a few minutes. We need parties like that more often. ^_^

I got to see my fam today. Mom made her famous lasagna and my hubby came over to eat with us. Jess was having another party at her boyfriend's house tonight, but he lives in Eureka, and I have to teach kids tomorrow. Have a great time, guys! Speaking of which, could somebody point me toward the shower?


No comments: