Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

18 December 2003

Movie Madness
Oh my freak, that was a terrific movie! We saw Return of the King tonight. Althought I think my husband would disagree, I think it was better than the third Matrix movie.
I went with my hus, my family (minus my sister and her daughter) and three family friends. We stood in line for at least an hour to get into the theatre. My dad had the cheek to ask my mom if we could get seats not too close to the screen. Hah! There were a ton of people in front of us. We sat in the fourth row up front. The audience was very responsive. We all clapped when the movie finally started, and every time the good guys did something, clapping resounded from all over, especially when one of the female cast members completed a heroic act. All the women cheered. I'm surprised I didn't cry at the end. I could feel the tears in my eyes, but they were never shed. There were a few false endings (meaning it looked like it was over, but then another scene followed, but I was pleased with the results. The movie ended exactly the way the book ended. Well, the very last scene, anyway. Let's see Harry Potter top that! :)
I got bit miffed, but not at the movie. Some lady behind me took a call near the end of the movie. Excuse me! Sure, it only lasted half a minute, but don't you think she coud have called whomever it was back? There was, like, ten minutes left! Well, what can you do? Along with that, I recognized somebody I graduated with, who sat in the second row, and I thought I saw someone a grade younger than me, too, but I couldn't really tell if it was her or not.
Last night, I thought I'd check out how the Garfield movie's coming along. There was a teaser/trailer on the official website. If the trailer is any indication of how the movie will be, I don't have any intention on seeing it. Garfield will be CGI, and everybody else will be real. I sincerely thought that Bill Murray would be perfect for the voice of Garfield. Um, I don't think so. His voice was not mellow like Lorenzo Music's portrayal of the finicky feline. I don't know what Jim Davis was thinking in going along with this. Unless I hear some really good reviews, or I get dragged by people to see it, I will not be attending when it comes out summer of next year.
Anyway, go see Return of the King! :)

No comments: