Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

12 May 2007

Musings on Moueska's Birthday Bash

My lovely friend Moueska celebrated her birthday last night at the Royal Dumpe Dinner Theatre surrounded by family and friends. There was great food, a great show, and tons of fun to boot! She and other celebrants got pulled up on stage because of birthdays, graduations, etc. They wanted a lady to help the jester do a magic trick, a guy to be Lord Keeper of the Salt, and a guy to help King Henry VIII raise the royal cheer. They also needed a lady to be Lady Keeper of the Garter, and the pianist pulled me up to the stage! The king was surprised to hear my age (I get that a lot), and jokingly said I must have been a child bride to be married for four years and to look so young. He put a pretty red and black garter on my leg to everyone's amusement, which I got to keep. ^_^ They also pulled up a teenage kid to put in the stocks that could only be freed from the kiss of a pure maiden (Grandma B). When that didn't work, all the ladies went to kiss him so he could be set free.

There were three serving wenches (I only remember Amanda and Polly), a jester (name escapes me), a guy named Itchy, Seymore the pianist, and of course, King Henry VIII. Jess took pictures of the king placing the garter on my leg that I'm sure will pop up everywhere. ^_^ In short, it was a blast, and I'd love to do it again.

Happy Birthday Moueska!

~Lady T, Keeper of the Garter and Supposed Childbride

No comments: