Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

15 April 2007

Impending triplets!

Not for me though. We have a small fake tree on our front porch, and some cardinals thought it would be a great place to build a nest with three eggs in it. They've been there for at least a week, and I read that the incubation period lasts from 11-13 days, which means we might get to see some baby birds sometime this week!

I like to look out the window and check on the nest when I go up and down the stairs, and momma bird is usually there keeping them warm. If she gets startled (which usually happens when we use the front door), she flies off and comes back after a few minutes. I've only seen daddy bird a few times, but I know he's still around. I'm hoping once the eggs are hatched, they don't get defensive when we use the front door. We can't always use the garage while they're still around. I guess we'll see.

And if no one's heard yet, we got a new car! Well, new to us, anyway. Phil lost his little teal egg in an accident, so he has our red egg and we have a 1994 Honda Civic. We haven't driven it extensively since we just got all the stuff we need squared away, but we intend to soon. I'm so excited!

No comments: