Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

10 March 2005

Water, water everywhere

We all know that it's important to drink water everyday. One way to see how much water you should drink each day is to take your weight and divide it by two. Whatever the sum is, convert that into ounces and that's how much you should drink, or 64 ounces, whichever is more. For example, a 150 lb woman should drink 75 ounces of water (150/2 = 75), but a 110 lb woman needs to drink 64 ounces (110/2 = 55, which is less than 64).
I myself need to drink the minimum of 64 ounces. I have a bottle that holds a quart (32 Oz.) of water with a straw attached to it, and I need to drink two of those a day (I tend to drink it up very quickly that way). I usually end up drinking almost three because I tend to get very thirsty. I used to just ignore it and chew a piece of gum, but I don't do that as much now.
They say that drinking lots of water everyday will "help keep you hydrated and feeling fresh". I've been doing this for ten days now. When am I supposed to feel hydrated and fresh? I feel the same way I do every other day, I'm just more thirsty and frequent the bathroom more often. The only real improvement I know of is that my breath is fresher, which makes for a happy husband. Actually, it was per his request that I start doing this, since he's been doing it himself for a long time. It helps, since we're trying to be more healthy.
I know that I can't always be downing water, so I don't drink a ton if I know I'm going out somewhere and can't always trot off to the ladies' room. I just wait until I get home to drink the majority of my daily intake. It's kind of a hassle, but it's supposed to be good for you, so why the heck not? It's mostly free. ^_^
Anyway, just thought I'd pass on a bit of healthy helpfulness to others. Take it or leave it. ^_^

No comments: