Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

03 March 2005

I'm 22 now!

Twenty-two years ago, I made my way into this world, probably screaming my head off. Nowadays, I'm pretty quiet. (Don't ask me where I was going with this, because I have totally forgotten it myself.)
Anyway, I've had a pretty good day so far. I got an early gift yesterday from Mira. He wrote me a poem! It's so beautiful; it made me cry and I love him so much for it (and everything thing he is). We went out to the store last night to get some food for my birthday, and found some organic frozen cheese pizzas, which is great since we've been on an organic food kick since Monday. Our chiro suggested buying organic fruits and veggies for Mira since they're better and more nutritious (see previous post). They really do taste better, we've found. I also ended up buying a small Tippin's french silk pie for my dessert.
Then today, Milly gave me a nice card and some spending money for my birthday, which was really sweet of her (I love my in-laws). Mira and I went to take a walk since it was a pretty nice day, and mom got the pizzas out of the freezer to cook them up for dinner. It turns out that one of them had mold on it! So we went back to the store (no name mentioned, for the sake of the store) to return them, and the manager refunded the money and said we could get another one. So I ran off to get another, and when I came back, we opened it up to check on it and it was moldy too! So the manager went back and found two others (one spinach, one roasted veggie) that were in great condition and gave them both to us for free! The bad thing about organic foods is that there are no preservatives and such, so they don't have quite as great a shelf life as regular stuff. But they taste so good!
So we cooked all three pizzas, and they were wonderful! Mom was feeling kinda icky, so she sat and talked with us while we ate, and then I got my pie out to eat. The birthday song was sung, and I cut a slice for me and Phil, since Mira and Milly are trying to stay off sugar because it makes them feel icky. It was so good! Dad and I each had a third of one half, and I ate another piece since it was so yummy. By then, it was just us gals, so we talked for a bit, and I rubbed her back for her to help her feel better. She finally ate something and that helped, too, so she offered to do the dishes so I could veg out some more.
So now I'm going to go and hang out with my hubby, and wait for my parents to call and wish me a happy birthday. Monday is our 2nd wedding anniversary, and I'm so happy! I married a really great guy. Not that I'm partial or anything. ^_^ But I'll post on that later.
One year older and wiser,
The Infamous T

No comments: